He makes me Smile

He makes me Smile

Friday, September 30, 2005

Friday and all it's Joy!!

Last night I received a call that I can say without a doubt made my week. You are looking at one of the new designers for Croppers Cottage an online store and community I have been a part of for a while. I have guest designed there on and off, but now it's official and I am delighted to be a part of this growing community. The people at the cottage are friendly loving and have always been very supportive of me and my family. Their layouts are in this blog so you can tell how much they mean to me. Through the cottage I meet Sylvie and she is a friend I treasure with all my heart. Relda who is also a part of the Cottage I meet through scrapbookaddicts and the rest is history. I was thinking I started scrapping in April of the year 2001, I had no idea what I was doing but trial and error is a wonderful thing. I was first published by Memory Makers magazine and the rest as they say is history. I have been published in over 40 publications and have four projects pending. Need to keep submitting I have been a little lazy on that front lately. I have applied and been rejected for many design teams but that is just how this industry works. I am not going to get into why I think this happens because this is a happy post and we are not going to go there. I won one major contest with an awesome prize and got to buy my Drebel with the prize I say good investment Wanda. I am always learning always changing and I have a passion for Art and design. My family understands my passion and love me enough to allow me to be me. I have traveled and taught my passion and I feel honored to have touched people's lives in one way or another. I value the human touch and when I have these connections it makes my heart feel at peace. Through my art I have been able to connect to this wonderful group of Puertorican woman they know who they are, they mean the world to me. When I do something or accomplish anything I think of them first because the pride I have in being Boricua lives in my soul as a living tribute to the island that I love. The photos you see are people that I admire love and feel honored to know. The love I have for my island nation can only compare to the love I have for my family and people that know me know that in my life my family is all I have. They are the glue that keeps me together. I have a life outside my family but my family is always first in my book. So today is a day of many celebrations but above all it's a celebration of love. The love for family friends craft and art. Hey for all that don't know. Yo soy Boricua pa que tu lo sepas. Hugscyber friends Wanda

2 comments:

Mary Jo said...

Wanda, Congratulations on making design team at Cropper's Cottage. Was so excited for you when I saw that!!

Sylvie said...

Wanda!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!! This is great news!! See?? I did say that one day, this will happen??!!

Many hugs!