He makes me Smile

He makes me Smile

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Someday somewhere Tuesday should be a great day

Today is just one of those days I just know it. Last night while dealing with family issues I realized that the stress of being a parent is something they really don't prepare you for when you are planning a family. I think someone should write a book and make good money out of it. I don't think I rested enough last night and that can be the reason why I am in this contemplative mood. I found out today one of my colleagues has terminal Cancer and that is just one of those things that makes me wonder am I doing enough to make sure the legacy of love I want to leave for my family is there even when I am dealing with the daily things that are just a part of life. I mean I know my kids know I love them I wouldn't nag if I didn't care they know that. Last night Nyome was having a crisis and I felt I was there for her even if all I wanted was to offer my advice I bit my tongue and I listened and heard. This is hard for me to do because I hate mistakes that can be avoided. She is such an amazing young woman hard for her to see that when she is dealing with her emotional dilemmas, but I see her and I see great things and I know that she can be whatever she wants to be she just needs to find out what that is. It's important for me to let her know that she has never disappointed me, that even when she has stumbled and believe me she has, I see that all part of the growing process and I know that she will learn from it. My heart hurts when I see her struggling to find answers she already knows. I wish I had more wisdom to share with her but sometimes my wisdom is not enough because she intellectualices everything even the stuff she knows is wrong. It is the way her brain works, I like that about her. She has a compassionate heart and is very giving which means sometimes people can take advantage of that, I have seen it happened and it worries me. But so is life and I have to deal with it. These are just some of my thoughts today can you tell it was a hard night in the my house. I love the different looks I see in the photos of these layouts they tell the story of her. Thank you for stopping by and leave a note or thought hugs Cyber friends!! Wanda

1 comment:

Sylvie said...

Nyome is such a gorgeous beauty! I see her outside beauty at first but from all this time I've known you I also can see her inside beauty. I can feel the love you have for everyone in your family and it's so heartwarming. I understand things are not always easy for you but we all know you do your best all the time. Nyome is simply looking for herself and that, is not very easy to find. But with you being her patient and loving guidance, she will :)