He makes me Smile

He makes me Smile

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Survivors

Some stories need to be told and some just need to remain silent. I am debating about posting my work in any board as of today. It's something I have been thinking about a lot. If you have some insight or feedback let me know. I just made this page and I really love it but I guess I may be the only one. The journaling is really what is important I have to write these things down because if I die I want these things around. I had my appointment today with the Orthopedic surgeon my prognosis is not good but there is not much I can do about that. Tomorrow is the one with my family Dr and then I will have some answers. I am doing everything I am told to do. I am still tired all the time and that can drain anyone. The journaling on the layouts goes like this I think people always wonder what keeps us together after all these years. We have been together since I was 12 and you were seventeen which is a lifetime. We have five kids, one grandson. What people fail to see is the life we have built together the work we have put in keeping us being us. We have our ups and downs especially when it comes to the kids they are all adults now and it's hard for you to just let go. Easy for me to say I think in some ways I am the same. People ask us what is the secret to being together for so long. I always say you have to have a sense of humor when a person does something or says something you now is stupid. I mean if we only dwell on the negatives how can we find the good. We are not perfect by any means but what we are is loving to one another and we try to not let the little things get to us. I think it is easier for me than for you. I know there are times I make you angry and there are times you make me angry but there are also the times when you make me very happy. I think the thing I love the most about you is that you do love me for me. That you are always proud of the things I have accomplished and that even when I think you don'’t notice you do. The conversation between you and Nicole when you went to Puerto Rico "Nicole you have to take a picture of this fish I am eating your mom will love to scrap this", Now tell me what is not to love about that. So you see we have been through so much together sometimes it's hard to just be you and me it is always us. We are survivors in more ways than we can count. The thing that has survived the longest is our love for each other. Wanda and Jose in El Yunque, Puerto Rico 2005

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Wanda!

Anonymous said...

Also good luck with your Dr. Appt's. Best Wishes.

Anonymous said...

Wanda:

Precioso LO y hermosa foto!!! Esperando que la próxima consulta médica provea paz para tu interior... Lucha, siempre lucha!

Un abrazo,
JESSICA

Anonymous said...

Como que "Anything that can be done", you are a survivor, YOU can beat the odds. I'm counting on you, we are all counting on you!!!

Take Care

Rita said...

What a lovely photo of you and Jose! Good luck with the doctors. Hugs --

Niecey said...

Tears in my eyes. This is such a special layout, really fantastic journalling. You are such an inspiration. I really admire your strength.

Angela said...

Wonderful LO and fantastic journaling, your writing style is very natural, and to the heart :).

Anonymous said...

Good wishes, girl!
Thinking of you and sending you hugs on Labor day!

teri

Amy Tanabe said...

Wow! Your page, especially the journaling is very beautiful Wanda! Thanks so much for sharing it.

Marnie said...

HUGS to you Wanda! I love what you do, don't stop! Your always able to bring me to tears with your journaling and your art is amazing! I miss you!

Sandie said...

I love this page. It's beautiful. And the journaling just makes it even more so.

Anonymous said...

Wanda, your story, your words and your strength are truly inspirational. I admire your courage and faith and I love how you "chose" to turn the lemons into lemonade. It shows true character. You know the old line: "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger". You and your beautiful family have a bond that cannot be broken. It's very beautiful. We all have our stories. Thank you for sharing yours. Take good care of yourself and keep your faith strong. Be healthy!! :) Big hugs

Diana said...

Amiga! sabes que siempre pienso en ti y en lo especial que eres, has dejado una huella imborrable en mi vida! Gracias por ser como eres.

Sabes? me gusto mucho la historia de Jose y Nicole sobre el pescado

Un super abrazo para ti y mis oraciones por tu salud.

Se te ama,
Diana