He makes me Smile

He makes me Smile

Monday, August 07, 2006

The life of the Artist or I really do think way to much.

So today I am home this will be my only full week of Vacation nothing planned and I am going to rest and think about curriculum but that is about it. This week will be about creating and enjoying me. I was thinking I have fallen behind in scanning my work so if you see lots of pages they are months of work that because my scanner was dead I could not scan. Not a good thing when you have deadlines but I have no control over some things. The scanner is fine now, it was a software issue so looks like I have a lot of scanning to do. It's hot in my office but since the weather is better I can be here a little longer. I wanted to write and entry today about my creative process and then talk some about Obesity and some of the issues that come from being obese lets see how this goes. I might ramble some but hey it's ok if you get tired of reading the pictures are good too. Someone asked me what is my creative process I thought about it and answered my photos really are what guide what I create. When I see a photo that talks to my heart I have to scrap it. I don't scrap in order dates are not important when you are creating to leave a legacy of love. My intent in creating is to make sure that my kids know what I feel, good or bad and my state of mind. I tell them often enough but if I am not around I want them to have the words somewhere so they can remember their crazy photo taking mother. When I take photos I don't have people pose I just follow people around and shot away. Sometimes I capture something so unique I run to the printer and print the photo right away and then get to work. Depending on my mood the layout may be a little simple or have all the bells and whistles. Like I said it all depends on the photo and the moment. I mainly scrap 8x11 photos but know with my new printer I have even more options to have even bigger photos so I am excited about that. I love my kids for giving me this mothers day gift this year. They always ask me what I want I am truly blessed in that way. I am an eclectic artist I paper scrap and design digital pages too. I love both mediums because they challenge me in different ways. I think that I love to do Hybrid pages for that reason. Pages that start digital and then end up also in my paper layouts. I have one I just scanned but haven't stitched together yet. I also want to share the mood of what I was feeling when I see the photos and what I want people to get when they see the page. Art talks to everyone in a different way. When I see pictures that remind me of my childhood I have to give them a special place in my books. It's all about honoring the traditions you want to pass on to your kids. My books have a little bit of everything. I have over forty five albums and they are all filled with my thoughts and my wishes for my family. I use three ring binders for my pages because some of my pages are a little bumpy and I want to make sure they have room to grow. I started scrapping in 2001 the year I turned 40 and I have been in love with this hobby ever since. I have had the privilege of meeting some amazing artist along the way and develop beautiful friendships with people far and near. I don't really follow trends I just flow with what makes me happy. I think the only way you can achieve your true potential is by being yourself and through my art I do that. You see when I am creating I am no different than anyone my talent doesn't see obesity and any other problem I may have. When it comes to creating that to me is beauty. I can create and share and just be me and not worry about what others are doing because if it makes me happy that is all that matters. I am happy when people reach milestones and fame but to me it's so much more than that. It is about being true to yourself and not have your spirit broken to remain honest and to keep growing and creating. I am a life long learner so I am always curious to try out new things and techniques but it all has to fit within the style that makes me happy. It is hard to explain but to me every page is a little piece of me so they are individuals that fit into the whole of my world. I believe in the power of being connected and through my art I am able to achieve that. Always staying connected to the things I love and feel passionately about. Today's pages are a combination of my love for my country and my family, I hope you enjoy this journey of discovery with me. I will be talking more about obesity in my next entry since this one is kind of long. Love you all out there in Cyber space and know that only you have the power to change the things that you are unhappy about. It is not going to happen unless you do the work. I have learned that the hard way. Hugs Wanda

17 comments:

Unknown said...

These layouts are BEAUTIFUL! TFS.

xoxo,
Becca

Nathalie Kalbach said...

Such beautiful LO's - I love them!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pages, my friend...and a beautiful soul, too. Love you!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, you create beautiful LO´s!!! And your photos ain't half bad either.

Melissa said...

very beautiful LO's! and congrats on your new scanner

Anonymous said...

love your pages and your post

daphne said...

Hi Wanda! Love your layouts! especially love the quenepas...omg, I love those things! and I can't seem to be able to get them here, so it was a trip down memory lane to see them pictured on your layout...definitely craving me some quenepas right now! {{{Hugs}}}

Kristy said...

wonderful words and great layouts. I have always admired your stuff Wanda!

Anonymous said...

((HUGS)) Wanda. THese pages are beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

And I quote your words:
"It is about being true to yourself and not have your spirit broken to remain honest and to keep growing and creating."
They really speak to me!

teri

Latin Scrap said...

hey wanda esta bbella la pagina me han encantado el del cafe y las quenepas mmmmm!!! cuando sea grande quiero ser como tu sigue pa lante amiga abrazos desde el encanto Yesy

Anonymous said...

What beautiful words! TFS!

Anonymous said...

I love this idea:

"my talent doesn't see obesity and any other problem I may have."

I've never thought about it that way, but it is SO true. Creativity CAN be above all the social issues we face and the insecurities we have. Thank you for sharing that---very powerful!

Suzanna said...

I am LOVING all these layouts Wanda! WOW, WOW, WOW and WOW!! I love that you use so many different sizes of photos, instead of the conventional 4x6!!! Such a striking, beautiful statement on all of them! Great work! You need to post them on the CC gallery so everyone can see your gorgeous work!

Anonymous said...

Great layouts! :)
Enjoy your week!

Rita said...

Wanda, you always inspire me -- with your work and your words. You are a beautiful soul! Lots of hugs --

Anonymous said...

Me gusta las quenepas. I had never heard of them before I went to PR.
Niki Meiners