He makes me Smile

He makes me Smile

Thursday, August 24, 2006

It has been a while but I think my news will make up for it!

Ok the last month has been hectic and wonderful and uncertain. I am going to be having surgery but I still don't know when so keep me in your thoughts. Wonderful because I was asked by the People at Simple Scrapbooks to be a part of their
DIGITAL SCRAPBOOKING CREATIVE BOARD 2007 For Simple Scrapbooks Digital Magazine. This means that for the year 2007 I will be a part of this amazing group of woman that I really admire.

I was thinking about my journey in creating and the road that has brought me here and there is one person I really have to thank it is my twenty year old son who bought me this awesome computer two years ago next month, that allows me to do the things I do and to my almost 24 year old daughter who helped me upgrade it so it would be even more powerful. You are only as good as the tools you have. If I had not won that contest two years ago for Joann's I would have not been able to afford my digital Rebel camera. So you see life is all about full circle things.
Here I am today sharing with all of you out there that I am a part of something I have always wanted I am still pinching myself here. That I can share my art and be who I am and be proud of those I represent. As a Puerto Rican Woman I am very proud of this, As a wife I am proud, as a mother I am proud. As a Artist I feel I can say hey here I am. It makes the journey so much sweeter when you can share it with those you love. To my girls in Scrapbooking Puerto Rico I hope we continue to grow strong and you are proud of me. To the women who have offered me their friendship through out the years I have been doing this creating thing I want to say Thank you for inspiring me to be the best that I can be. I hope that in the coming months I continue to be inspired and that I create things that show you a little of who I am and what makes me who I am. There is this lady that I so totally love who wrote this to me today. (Your digital work was a big part of my deciding to go digital--so I really do think the kudos are well deserved. ) What is really sweet about this is that when I first saw her work I could not believe the things she could do with her pages. I would stalk her gallery and when she had something published I would look at the details she used in her pages. I am honored to call her friend. I leave you guys here with some of my work and hope that you are inspired to just go out there and create. The credits for these layouts are lots so here they go A quick Note Gina Cabrera Shabby mega kit. Amy pea font P22cezzane font. Sisters Cocoa love kit SBBP P22cezzane font Damaris Shabby Princess sweet serenity kit font papyrus He is my heart, Shabby Princess Gina Cabrera. Font Ribbon My Inspiration Katie Pertiet quote Michelle Coleman Swirls digi chick paper shabby princess overlay My world complete stamped font ink edges NRJfrebbies. Everything else mine Rollerskating Everything her is mine except the fonts. Total wipeout Tia Dude kit Jumble stamp font. You Evak, Tia Bennet Paper, Evak Paper, Michelle Coleman ink edges and paper Katie Pertiet word art quotes font Pea Tracy. If you come by make sure to leave some love because you know I love you all!! Hugs Wanda

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats again wanda!! so excited for you!! :D

Anonymous said...

Love your blog Wanda....your words as as beautiful as your art...just can't WAIT to start working with you...(now if I could just make myself believe that I'm actually ON that Creative Board!) LOL!

Anonymous said...

Wanda!!!!!
I am sooooooooooooo excited for you!!!
Of course you TOTALLY, TOTALLY, TOTALLY DESERVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your biggest fan,
Christine Traversa

Amarilys:āя¡êHn said...

Como te he dicho antes, admiro tu talento.....

Carolyn said...

Wanda!!! The news you have posted is way beyond awesome, I am so thrilled and happy for you, wish ya were closer I would give you a big happy hug. This is truly amazing. You Go Girl!! You deserve it..

Hillary said...

Awesome news! Your layouts are beautiful!

Sylvie said...

How wonderful for me to wake up to such great news!!! Congrats, Wanda, I'm so proud of you!!!!!!!!!! (would also be doing the happy dance if my Anjali tummy weren't in the way!! :p)

Anonymous said...

HI Wanda!!! I am SO happy to see all your wonderful accomplishments..your beautiful work and to hear the news of your addition to the SS Creative Dig DT! Y te quiero decir Muchisimas Felicitaciones desde Tejas! AnnaEDavison (p.s.-I love your full circle story & certainly remember your LO from the JoAnn's contest)

Rita said...

WOOO HOOO!!! Wanda -- I could not be happier for you! Congrats sweetie -- you so deserve it!

Christi said...

Oh, Wanda!!! Congratulations, hon!!! This could not happen to a better or more deserving person! You are going to rock that magazine! smiles...

Diana said...

AMIGA!!! sabes que te quiero muchisimo y esto es algo que te mereces y por lo que has trabajado. Te admiro por quien eres y admiro tu talento porque eres una verdadera artista!! ademas, tus trabajos hablan por si solos, de quien tu eres. EXITO en todo lo que te propongas, lo unico que estas un poco lejos para darte un fuerte abrazo.

Con todo mi cariño,
Diana PR

Cami said...

Congrats Wanda - you are amazing and so deserve this!
Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Wanda.. congratulations how awesome for you!! I love your layouts - beautiful!!!

Julia Sandvoss said...

OMG Wanda how amazing for you to have this opportunity! Now that's the kind of thing I like to read about. Good things happening to good people!! I am so excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Julia

Elizabeth said...

rock on girl!!! i love that journaling. so amazing! and congratulations, what an achievement! your pages are awesome.
thanks for visiting my blog =)

Anonymous said...

Sweet Wanda!!! You are just the best :) Your blog is pure eye candy and I honestly think I squealed when I saw that email with your name on it! I just could not be happier and can't wait to work together :) Love ya :)

Anonymous said...

oh, wanda, that is soooo fabulous! i am thrilled to death for you. you so deserve this!

Anonymous said...

love your blog...you have a style all your own! very refreshing