He makes me Smile

He makes me Smile

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Things that I think about!

Well it's Tuesday and as a day Tuesday is a day that I try to enjoy, don't know why but I do. So I was thinking and believe me when I think it sometimes hurts my brain. So yesterday as I was creating on my computer editing photos for my students book of me I realized how happy I am when I am creating. Creating makes me feel alive there is just something about seeing something come to life and looking at the final product and be proud of what I have created. No words can really describe that feeling so I just enjoy it and try to make sure I recreate it everyday so I keep feeling alive and living a life with a purpose. So thinking of living a life with a purpose this week my class is starting their book of me scrapbooks. This is a unit that I always start with the story of my why is it important to leave a legacy to those we love. My reasoning has to do with this story. I had a student who struggled at school I taught a scrapbooking elective and that was her favorite class. Her writing was awesome and she really got into the leaving letters to the people and friends she loved. In May of that year she got her book back with an A and my congratulations for a job well done. She was so proud, I said my goodbyes and that was the last time I saw her. The morning after I had a note on my door from my principal and the news really hit me she had been killed by a car. She was so young only 13 and she was gone. What was not gone was her book and her letters to her family. I got a call from her mother thanking me for giving her a piece or her daughter that would live forever. The letters the notes all talking about her deep love for her family. It really put my passion in perspective is why I do what I do. I love being published and being in teams that pushing myself to be creative, but the reason why I create is so I leave a legacy of love for my family. I want them to know how much I love them, how much they frustrate me, how they make me mad. I am real and I want them to see that. When they open the books I create they see that and more. I think this is why I am happy because I know that what I am doing is based on this principal. My work is real just like me and for that I am grateful. I don't have to manufacture moments to make my books look beautiful when I scrap my life is beautiful mess and all. This summer another of my students was killed in a tragic accident and again another book brought closure and much needed love to this family. So I know I am on the right path life is precious to waste time in who is better than who and I am better than you. Life is about celebrating and letting those we love know we love them. However that message can be delivered do it. You will not regret it. I leave you with a page from Amelie's album and some other random things. Hugs Wanda

2 comments:

Julia Sandvoss said...

Wanda..here I am willing a headache away before going to bed. And I happen on your blog and this beautiful, amazing message you have posted. So special this class of yours and what you are having the students create! I can only hope that all these wonderful things I create for my family leave the same wonderful thoughts as these students must have! Thanks for sharing and being such an amazing inspiration and person!!

Sylvie said...

All what the poster above wrote. You are all that and much much more. This thread, like all the others, is very inspiring and I cannot say often enough how much I'm so glad our paths crossed despite the distance and how much I appreciate your friendship!