He makes me Smile

He makes me Smile

Monday, December 12, 2005

Give me five baby!!

I had a photo shot yesterday of Jimmy and Nyome took a few photos of me. I want to celebrate who I am and what I am about so what you see is what you get. The photos of Amapola were taken on Saturday when she was trying on her new coat doesn't she look precious. Anyways as thoughts and reflections are on my mind I want to make sure I share the thoughts that are there. I am having a hard time getting in the Christmas spirit part of that is the fact I am worried about Jose and part of it is that Jose did not go to buy the tree yet this year. Not sure if we will get a tree will see. Nicole is thinking of taking the little fake one we have out if we don't get a real one. This weekend is the deadline I have given myself to have a tree up and hopefully I will. Other thoughts on my mind lying or the absence of truth, that is a subject that is really close to my heart. I have very little tolerance for lying and my kids know this so they rather tell me the truth than deal with me when I am lied too. So this is my story I applied for a Design team and did not make the team no surprise there as my style is not something that everyone gets. That did not really bothered me this was my third rejection in less than a month so it stung a bit hey life is all about that learning to deal with rejection and not letting that affect the way you create and the love for the art that has kept you sane all these years. I also had someone give me awesome feedback on my books the person use to be a model and she is an artist and she told me that my books could be coffee table books and how the lines on my work are so wonderful and that made me feel good. She also said something that really resonated in my heart. She said that looking at my photos was looking at little pieces of art. I was about to cry because she got what I try to do. So back to the lying and how this all relate to my thought process. I heard through the grapevine the team had been already picked before the deadline was finished and that really made me angry, why even have a contest why just not handpick the people you want to be in your team stop making people talk about how they are anxiously awaiting to hear if they got selected. I figured it's a great Public Relations ploy and you get people to buy your product yada yada yada, but I tell you If you already have selected who you want be honest about it and in the long wrong that will make your company have so much more credibility. Now I know it's their company and they can do what they want but these are my opinions and I can say what I want so it works well at least in my world. I have the upmost respect for Chatterbox and the Imagination Project Ginger is a bright lady and Barb her DT coordinator selects the people they want to work with. I say more power to them they get kudos for that. They are honest about how they do stuff and no false hopes for people. I am not sure if I will try out anymore for DT if people want my services they know were to find me. If you want someone who brings diversity and a different perspective on life I am your gal. Hey I am what I am and there is nothing wrong with that. I am a proud member of http://www.cropperscottage.com/designers.htm an online store with a wonderful selection and the nicest community of scrapers. I also design for http://www.scraptalk.com/ which is an information based board on the net and we as designer get to work with wonderful products that sometimes are just prototypes. I also design for same-Differences http://www.same-differences.com/designteam.htm a small manufacturer of awesome products that I really believe in Kim is a lady who has a vision, I like to be part of visions. I also design for DDD7 designs a French paper manufacturer based out of Canada Edith has been a pleasure and honor to work for and the future looks good and CHA looks like a reality. I freelance for some other companies I want two more design teams and then I think I am done as I want to also focus on my photography because it's something I love to do. I know I bring high standards to any work I do. I hope there is a company out there looking for someone like me who thinks outside the box but likes to focus on photos. I just also hope that companies realize that this is a small world and everything you do eventually gets out there and if lying is one of your practices well I don't really want to work for you. I told you guys I had a lot to say and because this is my blog and my thoughts it's ok to say it. Hugs WandaPosted by Picasa

1 comment:

Gabrielle said...

It's their loss Wanda. You are too much for them. ;)