He makes me Smile

He makes me Smile

Sunday, June 03, 2007

I am thinking sometimes that can be dangerous!

I am thinking sometimes that is a good thing sometimes it is not so I will leave it up to the people who read my blog to decide. This has been a hard week for me, my incision is leaking fluid and the Dr says she will have to reopen part of it if it continues. I don't want to have to deal with that so I am trying to will my body to heal easier said than done. I am not doing much my hubby took three weeks off work so he could take care of me and the house and I really have been focused on me and that is a good thing. He goes back to work on Monday and is worried but I promised to take it easy and I am pretty good at keeping my life simple. I have worked really hard to be where I am now I am not putting my health at risk. My concerns are of other nature and right now I really have to keep thinking about solutions to my very serious economic situation. I am on disability from my job and as of June 15 my contract with the school District is done and I am out of any kind of Income. Usually that is not a problem I divide my checks in twelve months but with the disability checks you can't do that. I am not going to be working summer school this year because of my health issues my Dr has not released me to work yet and I need to get better to be able to work. My energy levels are still low compared to how I felt a month ago this surgery does take a lot of energy from you. Add to that my labs still coming up with my anemia so who knows what my Dr will say when I go in to see him. I know I have to think my health is first but when you have a family and bills to pay you really have to think about that too. I want to start making jewelery and start selling that. I still have scarves that I want to sell. I know with summer here people don't like to think of winter or winter things. I have to find a solution to my dilemma and I need wisdom in making the right choices. Life is not always easy but since my motto is always keeping it real, I will try my best to make sure I live by what I preach. I was thinking there is a solution and I just need to find it, keep me in your thoughts and prayers because this is one of those things that really only I can solve. I don't have a rich uncle somewhere so I need to be the solution to my problem. Moving on! I was on You Tube today love going there and finding all kinds of clips of singers I loved when I was growing up, Palito Ortega, Lucecita, Danny Rivera, Yolandita Monge, Nydia Caro, Sandro, Raphael, Marisol, Joselito,Ray Barreto, Fania All Stars and I love finding my father hey I love the guy. Check this one out, I think he is the hardest working singer I know. Here are some photos remember always live life with a purpose and that regardless of the obstacles in your path as long as you are alive you can do something. Say hi if you come by!! Hugs Wanda

14 comments:

Chit Chat With Divagirlrn said...

Hi Wanda! I have been a lurker of your blog for some times now. I found it by way of Diversity Designs I believe, but can't remember for sure right now. I hope your financial situation improves and focus on your health, that comes first. I will be sure to keep you in my prayers. I enjoy all the pics of you and your family. I love the video you posted. I love all kinds of music.

Rolana

Dayami said...

Hi my sweet Wanda,
I am so proud of you. You are doing so good. I have no doubt in my mind that you will sail thru this, my friend.
That is your dad in the video!!!
hugs,
Dayami

Anonymous said...

hugs my friend. hang in there. it will work out. stay strong...

-wendyC

Sylvie said...

Dearest Wanda, I am as usual having difficulties with the comment page. Anyway, sending you all my love. I always admire your spirit and find inspiration in your positive outlook on life. Please keep on taking care of yourself and healing. Things have a way to work out, you'll see :)

Sylvie said...

OK since the comment part is working now(ahhhhhhhh!!!!!)let me add that Jimmy is now a young man!! Soooo handsome!

Anonymous said...

some income generating ideas: (1) Scrapper for Hire...start hitting up all those people who say they want scrapbooks but don't have time to do it. (2) sell some of your photography...you've got lots of great shots.

Praying for you!
XOXOXO
Lisa

Anonymous said...

HI WANDA

MY NAME IS JUDY TORRES IM FROM PUERTO RICO I WILL LIKE TO KNOW HOW CAN I CONTACT YOU? I WOULD LIKE TO ASK YOU SOME QUESTIONS IF YOU DONT MIND.
GRACIAS
JUDY

Anonymous said...

Wanda, I happened to check back on your blog to see how you are and WOW Mama-------> you look amazing. I will pray you have super-ultra-power-healing and your worries will just melt away. Your father is incredible! WOW-- you know my Dad is in the Music business in Mexico- he just worked with Gabrielle and Rodrigo (spelling??) Does your Dad still perform?
xox Laura Solomon
LLLsolomon@yahoo.com

Lilly said...

Wanda,

Thanks for leaving me a message on my blog. It was so nice to see your blog. I love all the pictures and the pages, they are beautiful! Jimmy is such a big boy now, he's so handsome. Wishing you the best in your new journey. I love seeing all the pictures of YOU!!!! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care.

Love,
Lilly

MarilynH said...

Hi Wanda! I've nominated you for the "Nice Matters Award." Check out my blog post to learn more,
http://marilynhealey.blogspot.com/2007/08/one-about-major-award.html

Unknown said...

hopped on over here from Marilyn's blog...any freind of her's is A-OK in my book (plus, I love your work on 2peas!)!

Love your blog and am MOST struck by your photos! I LOVE how you post so many photos, and many of yourself! GO GIRL! I need to work on that...I am usually intimidated by being on THAT side of the lens, but I really should share more of myself like you do. Thansk for the inspiration!

Jeanne said...

Hi Wanda, Haven't seen you round the Cottage and saw your post on Sylvie's page. You look marvelous woman! Love your blog and photos.

Sandra Evertson said...

YOU
have a Beautiful Spirit!
Sandra Evertson

Anonymous said...

Wanda, I'm a lurker who misses your posts! Come back to us!