He makes me Smile

He makes me Smile

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

I am happy because I remain true to who I am

See that title it is the mantra that I live my life under. I refuse to be anything but honest and sincere about who I am and what I stand for. That may not always mean I am the most popular person in the world but it means that I am living life with a purpose. I am having one of those weeks where I see the extremes of raising a family that is closed knit and that cares deeply for each other. The good that comes from that like the girls doing groceries while I am at work. Jose folding all my clothes when he does the laundry and bringing it upstairs so I can put it away. The tears shed for a life gone because of the cruelty of our society and the inability to address the issues of mental instability and sickness that are suffered in our country and the world. I truly believe that this is the reason people automedicate and use drugs legal or illegal. I am tired of seeing life wasted and not lived with a purpose. I am thinking something should be done but some days it's hard for me to see the light. So I continue to say to those I love I love them and try to guide them in anyway I can through a path of enlightenment so they can make choices that will help them live a life of purpose. I have to keep reminding myself how important the path is, not for me to walk it for them but to make sure I am there to pick them up if they need some help along the way. You don't stop being a mother because your children grow up. It becomes an even more complex situation because not only are you a mother sometimes you have to be a friend and sometimes you just have to be. I think that one is the hardest for me because even though Nyome says I don't want to admit I have control issues I know I do and letting go it's not easy at all but I do it even when it pains me. That is motherhood in a nutshell this give and take of love respect and flexibility that at the end of the day allows you to be hugged by your kid and be told everyday you are loved. I never get tired of hearing that those words help me get up in the morning and face the day. In the designing front I am working on some projects and I am one of the Artist highlighted on http://www.diversitydesigns.net/ I was also asked to be a part of their design team and I am honored by the request looking forward to the challenge. I leave you with some of my pages that I haven't share yet on my blog.

10 comments:

Sylvie said...

First of all, congrats on being part of diversitydesigns design team! I look forward to seeing your new creations for them :)

It's hard for me to concentrate right now because Amelie is being very vocal but I just wanted you to know that I understand and am proud to be your friend :)

Rhonda said...

Those are so beautiful Wanda! These are some of my favorite you have done yet :)

Unknown said...

Wanda,
I came across your blog.
You are so pure and honest (and talented)
You know I adore you.
xox Laura

Just Say Julie said...

your layouts are amazing!

i loved reading your writing...so honest and true

Anonymous said...

Oh Wanda wow!!! What amazing pages - my goodness there is enough inspiration here to last me awhile! I love your blog entry, my gosh it's so true...the crazy stages we go through. You are a wonderful mother and a very special person. God Bless!!!
xxoo
Wendy

Anonymous said...

You are such a beautiful person and you have created some beautiful pages. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts and your art.

Sahily said...

Great LO's. Love them!

Anonymous said...

My dearest sister: your words, your sense of life, your sensitivity, they just hurt and touches deeply my soul and reminds me of how wonderful and lucky I am of having you as a sister. Love you, beautiful pictures.

Iliana Nieves said...

Que hermosas fotos, que bellos layouts. Me encanta todo lo que haces y todo el amor que le pones.
Me inspiras.
Un abrazo,
Iliana Nieves

Anonymous said...

you know, i don't know what iliana said, but it's so beautiful to read. LOL

we need to talk about motherhood. sometimes it's harder than it was when they were little, isn't it?

beautiful work, as always. and jimmy's right, you're beautiful.