He makes me Smile

He makes me Smile

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

News and more news.

This has been a very interesting two weeks. Life has given me many surprises some that are not to good some which are life changing. The not so good one's I will not dwell on life is to precious a gift to waste on what you can;t change. I only mention it so people that read this blog don't think that my life is all about the good stuff. My life is balanced because I really focus on the positive and celebrate the negative as a rite of passage that I call life. The negative stuff makes me grow the positive stuff makes me happy I am alive. For people that have been reading my blog you know the struggle with my health the last year has been, well on December 12, 2006 my life will change forever and that is a good thing. I am having Gastric bypass Surgery on this day. This has been a five year process in the making and now it is finally going to happen. I really want to make sure that people understand that I did not come to this decision lightly but as my health has been deteriorating I realized I needed to take steps to be around for a while. The next step in this process will be a two knee replacement that will happen in the summer. My hope is that with the weight loss my knees will not need to be replaced for a while my surgeon says he doesn't want me to have unrealistic expectation, but hey I am a dreamer so I can only hope. So for the next few months my blog will not only be an outlet for my art but it will serve as a dairy of sorts in which I document the transformation of my physical body. My issues if any is that I truly love this person I am and I am having issues coming to terms with the drastic changes that are ahead. Will the person who looks at me in the mirror a year from now be as happy with who she is as I am now? I really worry about this, but it is all a work in progress and my hope is that the love and support I have from my family and the friends I have will help me become as strong within my transformation as I am now. It is part of the growing process to surround yourself with the love of those that believe in you and their love will become your strands when you are weak. The circle of life if you want to give it a name. My thoughts for today is to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving if you celebrate the Holiday. I am more about the family on this time of year. I don't celebrate Thanksgiving as much as I celebrate the joy of having a family and being alive. Here are a few of older layouts that I really love!! Hugs and be safe and happy remember to cherish each day with all your heart! Wanda

7 comments:

Rita said...

Wow Wanda -- you do have some major things on your plate. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Bless you and your family -- enjoy a beautiful Thanksgiving holiday! ((HUGS))

Unknown said...

lots of changes coming your way! you and your family will be in my prayers! i think that no matter how your outward appearance changes, you will always be true to the REAL wanda!!! hugs amiga!

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Thinking of you. {hugs}

Anonymous said...

wanda, my mom had gbs about a year ago. she is doing great! email me any time if you want to talk about it.
and remember what oprah said about losing weight. people worried her personality would change and she said, "my personality is not in my butt." LOL
this is good for your health and that's what matters.

Anonymous said...

You know you're in my thoughts :)

Sylvie.

Anonymous said...

I was unable to post with my blogger account somehow :(

Rhonda said...

Your heart will never change no matter how much you weigh. You will still be the same person inside :)