He makes me Smile

He makes me Smile

Saturday, February 11, 2006

This is for a Beautiful Daughter who always makes me Smile

So many things make you who you are and trying to capture that is not always an easy task. You are strong and funny and vulnerable all combined in this beautiful package called Woman. I love each and everyone of the things that makes you the person you are. The world may not always get you but remember I do and I will be here for you always. Well unless I die and then you will have this to remember that I am your number one fan. Love Mom That is the journaling I wrote on this layout dedicated to a very special lady. My daughter Nicole is going to be 21 on Feb 19 and I hope she is home by then but I have a feeling she wont be. She is training for a new job as a flight Attendant and life has been pretty rough the last two weeks. The people that know me from the boards or have met me in person and have met her know what a special young woman she is. I have no idea why there are people in the world that get off making others feel stupid, some of that is due to ignorance some of it is just hatred. I don't know what it is but I know this last week I have been so worried about her. She has the biggest giving heart in the world and she has no problem helping me tie my shoes or giving a ride whenever I need one. She is always willing to sacrifice for her family. She bought a new used car so her dad could have her two year old Saturn to drive because our cars are dying and we have no money or credit to buy a new one, bankruptcy will do that to you. This is the kind of spirit I am talking about. So if you read my blog and you know Nicole either through my work or have been lucky enough to have met her keep her in your prayers and thoughts so she can survive this week and graduate from training. Feel free to post a message or two and let her know if her story has touched your lives. I know that the people who have known me for years know what I am talking about so leave some love for my beautiful Nicole. Hugs Wanda Credits for the Elements on this page Shabby Princess Splendid Kit I love her stuff.

21 comments:

Jan said...

She does sound like a great daughter! Love your journaling!

Anonymous said...

Count with my prayes Nicole, I meet you and I know that you are a great human being. Keep up your great work and just have Our Lord with you, He is with you now and for ever. Tienes una mamá muy especial, por lo regular no escribo nada, solo leo, pero hoy no podia dejarlo pasar, Felicidades en tus 21 y se que lograras todo lo que te propongas, un abrazo, Diana

Anonymous said...

AWW hang in there Nicole !!!! You will be in my prayers ! You sound like a wonderful person and daughter, don't ever change who you are !!!

Love ya Wanda ;)

Sylvie said...

Nicole, I wish you the best with your training! I don't know you personally but have heard a lot about you from your (wonderful) mom, through talking with her and also via her creations and I know you are all she wrote on the journaling in this LO and probably a lot more too. Be sure I'm not writing this just to be nice. I really mean what I wrote. Hugs :)

Adrienne said...

WOW! Love EVERYTHING about this page!!!! BEAUTIFUL!

Amber Hight said...

Beautiful page Wanda, the journaling is amazing also! I will definately keep Nicole, and your whole family in my prayers!
{{HUGS}}Amber (Jessie)

Julia Sandvoss said...

Wanda and Nicole..obviously you are both two very special ladies! Wanda..your layout is beautiful and Nicole..best wishes to you on your new endeavors! Keep your chin up and it will all work out!

Anonymous said...

Nicole, I know you don't know me, but I feel like I know you in some small way through your mother's wonderful works of art. You are a beautiful person and I wish you all the very best as you start on this new path in your life! Happy, happy birthday to you -- may all your wishes come true! Wanda -- you inspire me just by being you!

Nancy said...

Wanda....I love you and your family dearly, you are such a wonderful mother and friend to everyone.
Nicole I so enjoyed meeting you and your mother in Chicago, I know we didn't spend a lot of time together but it was enough to let me see what wonderful people you and your mother are. I hope you have the most wonderful birthday ever and that your day is very special. You will get thru your training with flying colors! I hope we get to meet up again some day.
Wanda and Nicole give each other big ol hugs from me! Take care and have a great day.

lianne said...

Wanda, big hugs to Nicole and that's a beautiful page for her.

Queue_t said...

love and hugs and prayers for Nicole.

I am sure she will find the right place, the world is hard on those with the most giving and loving hearts- Wanda I know it must be so tough for you too ( a mother wants to protect her child from worldly hurt)

I love seeing all your work Wanda, take care.
Tamara

Anonymous said...

I have to say how much I enjoyed spending what time I got to in Chicago with you and Nicole both. She's awesome. I know she's going to make it through whatever is coming her way...you tell her that I'm pulling for her and thinking of her and you, too!!

Creatively Lisa said...

Just want to wish Nicole a very happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

Nicole, have a wonderful 21st birthday! Keep working to achieve your goal; good things always come to those with kindness and love in their hearts.

Anonymous said...

She sounds like an amazing woman - and beautiful too! Great layout and touching journaling!

Unknown said...

what a beautiful layout to honor a beautiful woman!! when i read about your life & family, wanda, i can tell the love just seeps through everone's pores. what a blessing!!!

Gwyn Calvetti said...

Wanda, Please share with Nicole that as the mother of a 19 year old who is having some tough lessons in life, I know it's just plain harder for these kids to find their way through life. We keep telling our son it will make him a stronger person once he gets over the rough spots, the same is true for her.

And happy birthday to her!

Anonymous said...

Sweet and beautiful Nicole, ever since you were born you were a strong and willing person, so cute, so lovely, so precious. I know you will make your dreams come true, since you were born to succeed!!! I love you with all my heart. Blessings!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Wanda :) I wish things were easier/better for her right now - but...'this too shall pass'! I hope she has a wonderfully happy 21st :)

--SP

Anonymous said...

she will be ok. i know this.
nicole, screw the haters, honey. you will be a success because your heart is so good.
hmmm, my son turned 20 on the 15th. february babies are extra sweet, i guess!

Anonymous said...

Awww! Beautiful!! It will all work out, it always does, hang tight Wanda, she's a strong young lady. Happy Birthday to a beautiful woman!! LOVE that layout - wow!!!